Swiss population exposure to radiation by interventional radiology in 2008.

Détails

ID Serval
serval:BIB_D9D433F7B720
Type
Article: article d'un périodique ou d'un magazine.
Collection
Publications
Titre
Swiss population exposure to radiation by interventional radiology in 2008.
Périodique
Health Physics
Auteur(s)
Samara E.T., Aroua A., Bochud F.O., Bize P., Verdun F.R.
ISSN
1538-5159 (Electronic)
ISSN-L
0017-9078
Statut éditorial
Publié
Date de publication
2012
Volume
103
Numéro
3
Pages
317-321
Langue
anglais
Notes
Publication types: Journal ArticlePublication Status: ppublish
Résumé
The aim of this study was to investigate the radiation exposure of the Swiss population to interventional procedures. A nationwide survey was conducted in Switzerland. The annual effective dose per capita due to interventional procedures was found to be 0.14 mSv, corresponding to 12% of the total dose. Coronary angiography and percutaneous coronary interventions were found to be the most frequent and the most irradiating interventional procedures, accounting for 52% of the total examination frequency and 64% of the dose delivered to the population. Switzerland stands at the same level as other countries in terms of effective dose per capita due to interventional radiology.
Mots-clé
Data Collection, Environmental Exposure/statistics & numerical data, Humans, Internationality, Organ Specificity, Radiation Dosage, Radiography, Interventional/adverse effects, Switzerland
Pubmed
Web of science
Création de la notice
26/10/2012 15:04
Dernière modification de la notice
20/08/2019 15:59
Données d'usage