Article: article from journal or magazin.
Comparison of Seegene Anyplex II HPV28 with the PGMY-CHUV Assay for Human Papillomavirus Genotyping.
Journal of Clinical Microbiology
Publication types: Journal ArticlePublication Status: ppublish
The Anyplex II HPV28 (H28; Seegene) is a new semiquantitative real-time multiplex PCR assay for screening and genotyping 28 human papillomaviruses (HPV) in only 2 reaction wells. H28 was compared to the PGMY-CHUV assay (PG) with 309 archival DNA samples from cervical smears collected over 8 years in our laboratory. H28 and PG were fully concordant at the genotypic level on 228 (73.8%) out of 309 samples: 27 HPV negative and 201 HPV positive. The 201 fully concordant positive samples corresponded to single infections (n = 145) and to multiple infections (2 genotypes, n = 38; 3 to 5 genotypes, n = 18). The remaining 81 samples (26.2%) were either partially concordant (n = 64, 20.7%) or fully discordant (n = 17, 5.5%). While genotype-specific agreement was nearly perfect (κ = 0.877), HPV51 was significantly less well detected by H28 and the converse was observed for HPV40, -42, -54, and -68. Sequencing of PG amplicons confirmed HPV51 discordants and suggested the involvement of a possibly local HPV51 subtype. Mismatches in the PGMY09 primers to HPV68a explained most of the HPV68 discordants, confirming the specificity of H28 toward HPV68. With PG as a reference, the sensitivity and specificity of H28 were 93.4% and 99.0%, respectively. Considering H28 as a reference, the sensitivity and specificity of PG were 83.8% and 99.6%, respectively. H28 is a very sensitive and specific HPV genotyping assay suitable for research and clinical use as an adjunct to a clinically validated test. H28 semiquantitative readout ought to be evaluated for primary cervical cancer screening.
Web of science
Last modification date