Ersatz der Aortenklappe mit einer Bioprothese: 5-Jahres-Operationsresultate. [Replacement of the aortic valve with a bioprosthesis: 5-year surgical results]

Détails

ID Serval
serval:BIB_6FAD794E77BD
Type
Article: article d'un périodique ou d'un magazine.
Collection
Publications
Institution
Titre
Ersatz der Aortenklappe mit einer Bioprothese: 5-Jahres-Operationsresultate. [Replacement of the aortic valve with a bioprosthesis: 5-year surgical results]
Périodique
Schweizerische Medizinische Wochenschrift
Auteur(s)
Fromer  M., Egloff  L., Turina  M., Rothlin  M. E.
ISSN
0036-7672 (Print)
Statut éditorial
Publié
Date de publication
03/1988
Volume
118
Numéro
9
Pages
313-8
Notes
English Abstract
Journal Article --- Old month value: Mar 5
Résumé
To evaluate the clinical course after replacement of the aortic valve with a porcine heart-valve, 87 patients (mean age 52 years [5-70] at time of surgery) were followed up for a five-year period. Operative mortality was 1% and late mortality 8%. The actuarial probability of survival at five years for all patients was 91%. Embolic events occurred in two patients and endocarditis in six. Valve dysfunctions requiring reoperation resulted from bacterial endocarditis in three patients, from primary valve dysfunction in three patients and from paravalvular leak in another three patients. Echocardiographic cross examination of the bioprostheses showed degenerative processes in eight asymptomatic patients. Patients who underwent reoperation or showed valve degeneration were significantly younger (41 +/- 19 years and 42 +/- 9 years respectively) than patients without valve degeneration (52 +/- 9 years) [p less than 0.05]. We conclude that there is an increased risk of primary valve degeneration for patients under age 35. Echo-Doppler sonographic cross examinations of the heart are a highly sensitive means of detecting early degeneration of the bioprostheses.
Mots-clé
Actuarial Analysis Adolescent Adult Aged Aortic Valve/*surgery Aortic Valve Insufficiency/surgery Aortic Valve Stenosis/surgery *Bioprosthesis Child Child, Preschool Echocardiography/methods Female Follow-Up Studies *Heart Valve Prosthesis/mortality Humans Male Middle Aged Postoperative Complications/etiology Reoperation
Pubmed
Web of science
Création de la notice
28/01/2008 9:55
Dernière modification de la notice
20/08/2019 14:28
Données d'usage