Cisplatin, vindesine, and 96-h continuous infusion of 5-fluorouracil as initial chemotherapy for locally advanced head and neck carcinoma.

Details

Serval ID
serval:BIB_B9590FD95222
Type
Article: article from journal or magazin.
Collection
Publications
Institution
Title
Cisplatin, vindesine, and 96-h continuous infusion of 5-fluorouracil as initial chemotherapy for locally advanced head and neck carcinoma.
Journal
American Journal of Clinical Oncology
Author(s)
Perey L., Pasche P., Bauer J., Capasso P., Savary M., Leyvraz S.
ISSN
0277-3732 (Print)
ISSN-L
0277-3732
Publication state
Published
Issued date
04/1991
Peer-reviewed
Oui
Volume
14
Number
2
Pages
162-165
Language
english
Notes
Publication types: Journal Article
Publication Status: ppublish
Abstract
The combination of cisplatin (80 mg/m2, i.v., day 1), 96-h infusion of 5-fluorouracil (5-FU) (30 mg/kg/24 h) and vindesine (3 mg/m2 days 1 and 8) was evaluated in 31 patients with histologically proven epidermoid carcinoma of the head and neck. All patients were nonpretreated and had measurable lesions. Three (10%) of the 29 evaluable patients achieved a complete response (CR) and 19 (66%) had partial response (PR) with an overall response rate (CR + PR) of 76%. The major toxicity was leukopenia. Median overall survival was 14.5 months. It is concluded that the combination of cisplatin, 96-h infusion of 5-FU, and vindesine was as effective as other regimens including 5-FU and cisplatin reported in the literature, with a similar toxicity. The low CR rate in this trial is related to the high percentage of T4 N3 disease.
Keywords
Adult, Aged, Antineoplastic Combined Chemotherapy Protocols/adverse effects, Antineoplastic Combined Chemotherapy Protocols/therapeutic use, Carcinoma, Squamous Cell/drug therapy, Cisplatin/administration & dosage, Cisplatin/adverse effects, Drug Synergism, Female, Fluorouracil/administration & dosage, Fluorouracil/adverse effects, Follow-Up Studies, Head and Neck Neoplasms/drug therapy, Humans, Lymphatic Metastasis, Male, Middle Aged, Remission Induction, Survival Rate, Vindesine/administration & dosage, Vindesine/adverse effects
Pubmed
Web of science
Create date
28/01/2008 8:32
Last modification date
20/08/2019 15:27
Usage data